Black Rice Rich in Antioxidants and Fiber
Nutrient conscious people should now take a harder look at black rice, as a new study has shown that it has more antioxidants than popular health foods like blueberries. Louisiana State University researchers have found that black rice is an ideal health food, as it is low in sugar, rich in fiber and full of antioxidants that keep away free radicals which harm human bodies and cause chronic diseases.
The equallly nutritious bran from black rice can also be used for cakes, breakfast cereals, cookies and beverages. It is truly an economical and unique way to stay healthy and great means to increase intake of healthy antioxidants.
Picture Credit : VancityAllie
- Alcohol Consumption among Women and the Associated Liver Problems
- Male Insomniacs May Have Shorter Life Expectancy
- Eating Less Meat Benefits Environment and Health
- Men Are Weaker Than Women Health-wise
- Multivitamins To The Rescue
- To Keep Cardiovascular Diseases Away, Consume More Fruits and Vegetable Everyday
- Nursing Home Patients Getting Younger