Men, Women View Marriage Differently
The fact that men and women view marriage from differing perspectives and that doing small things that would make a partner valued and special were among the findings of a 25-year study by researchers from the University of Michigan.
Simple things like making and serving him a cup of tea means a lot for men, while asking the wife what needs to be done around the house makes her a lot happier. Other important things needed for a happy and healthy marriage includes togetherness, shared interests, similarity of values and attitudes, open communications, and mutual respect.
The researchers also found that the period around the third and fourth year of marriage, and the ten-years between 25 and 35 years of being together are the most common times when marriages have troubles.
Picture Credit Jeff the Trojan
- Facebook Not the Site to Seek Reliable Health Information
- Is it true that married women are more promiscuous than men?
- More Men Admit Cheating on Tax
- Marriage is becoming obsolete
- Depression Affects 9% of Americans
- People’s Sexual Desires Revealed in Internet Search Study
- Research Shows Viewing Habits Reflect Consumer’s Personality