Negative Stories on Youth Boost Self-Esteem of Older People
Older people prefer to read about negative stories about today’s youth as opposed to positive stories about younger people or any type of story about their generation. This was found in a study conducted in Germany on the reading habits of people in relation to self esteem.
The old are considered wise but slow and forgetful – things that are considered negative traits by young people, which prefer to read stories about other young people regardless of message. Youngsters therefore reinforces the notion that the youth sector is important in society, while older people sees the mistakes of the younger generation as a way to boost their self-esteem.
Image Credit : BotMultichillT
- Get Ready for Taller, Thinner and Westernized Koreans
- German Teenagers Avoid Early Sex
- Sex Abstinence Now Becoming Common in Young People
- Patients Wary of Older Doctors
- Childhood Sleep Patterns Linked To Adulthood Obesity
- Peaking EQ Makes Elderly Seem Wiser and More Caring
- Younger Men In Australia Take Alarming Sexual Behavior